Welcome: TYDTWD 2012 - VG IN THE OUTBACK
Tell your friends!
Welcome to the official website of the 2012 Village Green – IN THE OUTBACK DOG DAY, a Pet Sitters International's Take Your Dog To Work Day event.
What is TYDTWDay? First celebrated in 1999, Pet Sitters International's Take Your Dog To Work Day® (TYDTWDay®) was created to celebrate the great companions dogs make and to encourage their adoption from humane societies, animal shelters and breed rescue clubs. This annual event asks pet lovers to celebrate the humane-canine bond and promote pet adoption by encouraging their employers to support TYDTWDay. Employers are encouraged to open their workplace to employees' four-legged friends on this one special day.
TAKE YOUR DOG TO WORK DAY® CELEBRATES DOGS AND PROMOTES THEIR ADOPTION
Take Your Dog To Work Day is Friday, June 22, 2012
"The 2012 event will take place on Friday, June 22. On this day, thousands of pet owners will work with their dogs to celebrate the 14th annual TYDTWDay. Businesses, animal shelters and pet-care professionals from around the world will work together to better the lives of shelter dogs everywhere. Thousands of businesses will open their doors to employees’ furry, four-legged friends on this day in celebration of the great companions dogs make and to promote pet adoption."
This annual event, now in its 14th year, brings people and pets together in a special way on a special day. Dogs go to work. Hearts are touched. And as a result, homeless dogs will be adopted. "PSI's Take Your Dog To Work Day is the day for dogs." (www.takeyourdog.com)
Village Green has participated in this dog-gone fun event for the past 12 years. In 2010, Village Green employees and other auction participants raised over $5,555 and in 2011, we raised an amazing $7,635. This year we plan to exceed that amount with your help and our personal goal is to raise $8,000. A minimum donation of $25 is required from Village Green employees, at our Corporate and Regional Offices, if they wish to bring their Best Friend with them to work on that day. Items donated by our various sponsors will be used in a raffle or our Online Auction (OPEN TO THE PUBLIC). Employees are invited to enjoy a delicious lunch provided by The Outback Steakhouse (West Bloomfield location, www.outback.com), for a small donation. All the money raised from this event will benefit the homeless dogs of APB - The Animal Placement Bureau, located in Lansing, MI and will be used towards their medical expenses, training and care. (www.apbpets.com)
- Check out our Dog Day Agenda so you will know when to watch the Presentation by Suzanne Hock, representative of U.S.A. Therapy Dogs, Inc. on our live web cam.
- Watch the Parade of OUTBACK DINGOES as they Kangaroo Jump around the office.
- Watch our Dingoes as they compete in the Small/Medium/Big Dog Kangaroo Jumping Contest
- Check out the items in our online Auction ~ You can bid on any of these items as our auction is open to the public.
- Use PayPal to make a donation for your auction item or just to donate to the homeless doggies of the Animal Placement Bureau right on our Dog Day website
- Sponsor one of our APB Foster Dogs for a day and take part in Take Your Dog To Work Day while helping out APB
This year, Village Green Community on-site Employees could participate by submitting a photo of their Dog and join in on the fun by showing off their "OUTBACK Dingoes".
This event is made possible by the many generous donations from local businesses and others. Please take some time to review our list of sponsors and consider them in the future.
Your Take Your Dog To Work Day Coordinators,
- Christine Eluskie (TYDTWDAY Coordinator)
- Chloe (2005 TYDTWDay Poster Dog)
- Patti Flickinger (TYDTWDAY Food Coordinator)
- Christian Flickinger (VG TYDTWDAY Website)